Up to £38000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Project Coordinator (PR and Media Relations)
Children's Charity, Central London
3 Month Contract (with the possibility of going permanent)
Charity People are delighted to be partnering with this Children's Charity based in London who are looking to recruit a Project Coordinator on a 3 month basis with the possibility of going permanent, to come and work to manage the Charity's press office function on a range of upcoming campaigns. You will be part of a small, but energetic team who are passionate about this wonderful cause!
The Charity are running a series of large scale projects in the next 3-5 months and we're looking for someone to come in and manage the PR and media relations activity to drive brand awareness and raise money for the Charity.
With the support of the Director of Communications, you will develop, manage and implement integrated media plans to ensure relevant media opportunities are fully maximised for the Charity, including support to internal teams with communications and media guidance.
You will manage effective contact with relevant media contacts (national and local), ensuring positive and collaborative relationships are maintained. Furthermore, you will manage manage media enquiries, work to push out stories and take a lead on reviews and evaluation as to whether the charity is reaching the right audiences and achieving communications goals.
- You should have a background in PR, press, media relations or communications for a charity, agency or another clientside organisation and be excited about the charity sector
- Experience of developing and implementing media relations strategies for a similar organisation
- Experience of managing a range of projects from start to finish
- An ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrable ability to secure both proactive and reactive media coverage in National print and broadcast media
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good understanding of news agenda and a 'nose for news'
Please note that this role is to start immediately.
Interested applications should send their CV in the first instance.