£30000 - £32000 per annum
11 days ago
We are delighted to be collaborating with an international conservation charity, there is a job opportunity to join their Media News & PR department in a capacity of a Media Manager.
We are looking to recruit a confident and self-motivated media professional to help amplify their voice and influence.
Location: Woking, Surrey (Initially remote working due to Covid-19)
Timeframe: 12 weeks temporary post
Salary: £30,000-£32,000 per annum
You will be working within the charities UK news team, you will be focused on proactively generating positive and agenda-setting news coverage of charities' work in advocacy, campaigns and fundraising. Reporting into the Senior Media Manager the role also acts as a first port of call for incoming media enquiries. This is a stand-alone role with no direct reports.
Key duties & responsibilities
* Develop stories, both proactively and creatively, to secure positive news coverage across UK national TV, print and online
* Commission high impact content, alongside in-house content team, to help secure powerful media coverage
* First port of call for incoming UK media enquiries, providing comments and escalating appropriately
* Identify opportunities to land our key messages in UK media
* Write press releases and pitches for multiple and fast-paced work streams and look for opportunities to comment on key breaking news opportunities
* Monitor and evaluate the success of charities media activities
* Work on a rota basis to respond to media requests and breaking news out of hours
You will have experience of working in a fast-moving press office or newsroom. Have a proven track record of using impactful and creative content to drive media coverage. You will have proven track record of developing and selling-in international stories to UK media, and understanding the challenges in doing. Strong knowledge and demonstrable engagement in current affairs, global wildlife conservation and environment issues, as well as experience of delivering successful outcomes across news as well as good understanding of the UK media landscape, including broadcast media, online and traditional press.
If you have relevant experience and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV by Wednesday 5th August.