Up to £49400.00 per annum
8 months ago
30 Oct 00:00
I'm working with an armed forces support charity to recruit an interim Head of Philanthropy to join its growing, successful, and talented fundraising team. This is a one-year maternity cover contract.
The organisation provides a range of services to an array of people each year; be it providing support to royal air force veterans experiencing difficulties including around isolation and loneliness later in life; parents and relatives of personnel; or a someone currently serving in the forces who needs help - this organisation is on hand to provide tailored and vital support.
With a hugely dedicated community of supporters, this is an organisation with real heart that places its beneficiaries at the very centre of its work.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* Drive a step change in philanthropic fundraising; developing and implementing a strategy which achieves cost-effective, sustainable income
* Accountable for all aspects of the philanthropy programme including planning, implementation and maintaining the highest standards of supporter experience and responsible fundraising
* As a member of the departments senior management team, contribute to planning and delivering integrated fundraising and communication activity
* Lead the creation and implementation of a unified major philanthropy strategy (combining major gifts, trusts & foundations, and corporate partnerships activity
* Oversee cultivation events programme
* Take personal responsibility for a portfolio of senior major donor, corporate partner, trust, and influencer relationships
* Lead, support, develop, and motivate the philanthropy team, setting clear and measurable objectives and providing appropriate levels of training, support and supervision
* Embed a culture of philanthropy across the organisation
* Influence and work effectively with external partners, suppliers, and stakeholders
* Achieve agreed income targets, working within an agreed expenditure budget to deliver net income
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* A track record in establishing, monitoring, and achieving fundraising targets
* Experience of managing a philanthropy programme generating an income of over £1million annually, including major gifts, corporate and trusts & foundations activity
* A significant personal track record in philanthropic fundraising with evidence of successful solicitation of complex multi-year gifts
* Experience of building bespoke fundraising propositions for six figure+ gifts
* Experience of working in a senior team to develop, communicate and implement strategy and business plans
* A proven track record of leading and managing a team to deliver high quality results
* A strong track record of building long term relationships with senior individuals and stakeholders
* A demonstrably commercial approach; able to focus on impact and deliver outstanding results
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.