Up to £23.30 per hour
26 days ago
We are working with a leading LGBT anti-violence charity, providing advice, support and advocacy to LGBT+ victims and survivors of violence and abuse.
INTERIM FINANCE MANAGER - Immediate start essential!
HOURS: 35 hours per week
DURATION: 4-6 weeks
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
EMPLOYED BY AND BASED AT: Remote home working
PAY: £20.79 plus £2.51 holiday pay per hour
The post-holder will work with their Bookkeeper, Operations Team, and Auditors on the 19/20 and 20/21 accounts.
The focus of the role will be to oversee 19/20 audit process, and to ensure that 20/21 records, invoices, and other day-to-day finance processes are up to date and accurate at all times. The post-holder may also be asked to produce some reports, both for funders and for SMT/Board of Trustees.
Essential skills and experience needed:
* A professional accounting qualification and/or equivalent finance experience
* Experience in charity financial management and a good understanding of the environment in which charities operate
* Strong knowledge of SORP, charity law and VAT
* Proven experience of using computerised accounting systems
* Experience of using QuickBooks
* Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
* Strong analytical skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts to non-experts
* Ability to work within a team
* Ability to prioritise and manage own workload, working to multiple deadlines
* Alignment with the aims and objectives of the chariy
If you are available immediately and can commit to this short project, please apply today. CV deadline is 25th September.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.