Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
17 Dec 00:00
This leading arts organisation with over 500,000 visitors each year is recruiting for a Head of Corporate Development to lead and develop corporate income generation strategy. Based in the heart of Birmingham, the organisation has a hugely positive impact in the surrounding area and ambitions to further grow and extend their reach both into the community, and of their programmes and events. The Head of Corporate Development will be joining this dynamic organisation at an exciting time.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Creation and delivery of a strategy for corporate engagement, to deliver income and value growth
- Work with senior internal stakeholders to ensure that the fundraising strategy is balanced and collaborative and that its approach to corporate support is ambitious and robust
- Lead and manage the corporate function including setting targets and continuing to build a high performance culture
- Achieve the agreed financial targets and operating within the expenditure budget for corporate partnerships
- Identify where corporate partners can deliver value to the wider organisational strategy, and build long term partnerships with companies that support the vision and objectives
- Drive multi-year, high level sponsorship to support growth
- Set operational plans and budgets for the team
- Lead the team to deliver new corporate sponsors, members and partners
- Create presentations, pitches, proposals and marketing collateral; and to lead on new business pitches and meetings when appropriate
- Lead the Business Development Manager to deliver excellent account management relationship management, and stewardship for corporate partners and members, ensuring a high level of partner retention
The organisation would love to see applications from individuals with the following experience and skills:
- Proven ability to secure, maintain and grow strong and profitable high value, multi-year corporate relationships
- Ability to negotiate and influence opinion effectively internally and externally
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent presentation ability
- Experience of developing corporate development strategies that maximise fundraising income
- Significant experience of corporate fundraising, corporate sponsorship, or solution based sales
- Proven track record of income generation against targets
- Experience of securing new corporate income from prospecting to partnership at a high level
- Experience of developing strategic partnerships
- Experience of line managing and developing a team
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.