£36000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
10 months ago
10 Oct 00:00
We're working to recruit for a Fundraising Manager on behalf of a really amazing youth charity that runs centres across the UK, often in the most disadvantaged areas, where young people aged eight and up can go, 7 days a week, that is an inspiring and supportive environment. With state of the art facilities that include gyms, dance and music studies, art studios, as well as career advice, these centres are indispensable to their communities and have incredible impact reports.
As Fundraising Manager for the organisations North London based centre, you will lead on all fundraising activity for the organisation and as such with sit on the Senior Management Team.
The role is a key position within the centre and key responsibilities are as follows, with a focus on corporate and major gift fundraising:
- Responsibility for the successful stewardship of existing patrons, and also for attracting new patrons
- Drive the management and stewardship of existing donors and corporate partnerships to secure sustainable partnerships
- Create strategic donor development plans for individual donors and corporate partners, to maximise retention and, where possible, increase level of support
- Develop a mid-value giving programme that drives a high return on investment
- Develop a small, efficient community fundraising programme that focuses on partnerships that require minimal support
- Produce high quality written proposals and make verbal presentations, as well as face to face asks, to a range of audience
- Work closely with the Board, the Chief Executive, and existing supporters to identify other prospects within their networks and potential other income streams
- Manage the production of fundraising communications and promotional materials for donors, events and community fundraising
- Develop and manage a programme of fundraising and awareness raising events
The charity is keen to see applications from experienced fundraisers or from individuals working in the private sector with transferable skills. You will take a strategic approach to fundraising, and have top level influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of individuals. As the sole person responsible for fundraising at each location it is important that you have an understanding of fundraising and income generation; a methodical and organised approach to work, and the ability to work to multiple deadlines.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 020 7939 7443 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.