Up to £35000.00 per annum
8 months ago
We're delighted to be working with Book Aid International to recruit for a Corporate Relationships Manager to join its talented fundraising team at a time of expansion. This is an opportunity for an experienced Corporate Fundraiser to join an amazing organisation that works in over 25 countries; sending over 1.2million books to over 130 organisations in 2019. Through their work last year alone, more than 20 million people were given access to reading, education, and literacy; helping to change lives across the world.
Working across a range of programmes including transforming shipping containers into libraries; supporting public and mobile libraries; empowering librarians and teachers; and supporting community libraries; the organisation has a huge impact and international reach. With a robust corporate offering in place, the charity wishes to grow and develop its existing corporate partnerships, as well as developing new relationships with potential partners.
Key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Grow and deliver Book Aid International's corporate fundraising programme
- Manage an excellent programme of stewardship which includes a portfolio of corporate donors
- Identify and engage new potential corporate partners, and respond to new opportunities for corporate income, including Charity of the Year and corporate funding sponsorships
- Work with senior internal stakeholders to organise meetings with potential new supporters that include, where appropriate, the Chief Executive, Head of Development, or Trustees
- Coordinate and write successful cases for support and proposals
- Manage and present accurate income forecasting and report on restricted and unrestricted fundraising income for corporate partners
The charity would love to see applications from individuals with the following experience:
- Previous experience of fundraising from corporate partners and developing relationships with new business prospects
- Demonstrable success in securing multi-year partnerships with strong examples of £5k+ asks
- Excellent copy-writing and proof reading skills with the ability to write creative proposals that demonstrate and articulate the charity's impact
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong negotiation skills
- Top-level organisational skills
- Confident and ability to present Book Aid International externally and at events
- Experience of preparing, monitoring and presenting budgets, and of working with charitable financial accounts
- Ability to manage your own workload, and also to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.