Up to £39000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Working to ensure that every baby born prematurely in the UK is given the best chance of survival and quality of life, Bliss is an award-winning, digital first charity. With one in seven babies born prematurely, sick, or needing care in a neonatal unit the organisation is a vital resource for many, supporting through extremely emotional and challenging times
As Communications Manager for Bliss you will lead a team of five in total, with four direct reports; and will report directly to the CEO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the Communications Team to develop and deliver the charity's communication strategy and annual operational plans
- Provide effective and consistent line management and leadership to your team
- Work closely with the Digital Lead on the development of the charity's digital channels
- Ensure the ongoing development and consistent application of the charity brand
- Lead on the development and delivery of integrated marketing activity to raise awareness of all areas of the charity's work, including specific awareness campaigns around key dates annually
The charity is happy to consider applicants for whom this role represents the next step in their career and is keen to hear from individuals with broad communications experience, particularly in digital and strategic marketing with a strong track record of developing and delivering successful, integrated campaigns. The successful candidate will also have:
- A track record of developing and implementing successful communication strategies and plans
- The ability to analyse and segment audiences and tailor messaging accordingly
- Experience of managing and leading a team, specifically with experience of leading to achieve targets and of developing team members
- Brand management skills and experience of raising the profile of an organisation through the media
Bliss is a fantastic charity to work for that takes pride in its collaborative and inclusive work culture. In addition to excellent benefits the charity is a flexible, forward-thinking employer with a commitment to diversity. As a small organisation there are lots of opportunities for Managers to work closely with the Senior Management Team; this role is managed by the CEO, works closely with other senior colleagues, and has the opportunity for engagement with trustees.
The role is currently a full time position but the charity is happy to consider applications from individuals keen to work part time (four days per week). At the moment all staff are home based until the New Year at least but when the London office reopens staff will have the opportunity to work from one or two days per week.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.