West Midlands, England
Up to £28000.00 per annum
12 days ago
This amazing charity that supports babies and children with life threatening or limiting illnesses, and their families, is one of the most well-loved organisations in the Midlands. With huge support from the local community, the organisation prides itself on being an innovative organisation, determined to reach all families in their area who need them.
The organisation is currently recruiting for an Area Fundraiser to join their team - the postholder will help raise vital funds; create the best possible supporter experience; and maximise the organisation's reputation across the community. You will be part of an appeal focused team to raise £2million, as well as other unrestricted funds.
This is such a great opportunity for someone who wishes to build on their existing fundraising experience in a role where they will work within a passionate, determined and creative team.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- To proactively as individuals, organisations and groups for funds to support the work of the charity
- To generate revenue from corporate partnerships including COTY, sponsorship, employee fundraising, volunteering etc.
- Work closely with the events team to promote individual and team participation; as well as sponsorship for mass participation events
- Recruit event participants for own events
- Actively promote opportunities for supporters in your area including treks, running events, and other challenges
- Prioritise activity to achieve annual budgets and targets
- Create and implement annual area plans to deliver a calendar of events and approaches
- Build a robust pipeline of support across all community stakeholders
- Research and identify local businesses who may support the organisation, and establish strong business networks
The charity would love to see applications from individuals with previous experience in a fundraising role, or in a sales role with transferable skills. You will have a track record of managing and developing relationships with individual donors and companies; as well as of identifying, pitching for, and securing, new support.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.