Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £28000.00 per annum
8 months ago
30 Oct 00:00
This West Midlands based children's hospice provides vital care and support to children suffering from life limiting and life threatening illnesses, and their families. With three purpose built hospices, the environment provides a home-from-home environment, as well as facilities including a hydrotherapy pool; multisensory rooms etc. and is a hugely supportive environment for families going through an extremely difficult time. With huge support in the local area, the hospice has a wonderful reputation.
Currently recruiting for an Area Fundraiser to be home based and cover the Birmingham region; this is a great opportunity for someone with previous existing fundraising experience and expertise to join an organisation with huge fundraising potential and a warm, caring environment.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* To raise unrestricted funds for the charity by proactively meeting potential and existing supporters
* To proactively ask individuals, organisations, and groups of people for funds to support the work of the organisation
* To generate income from best corporate fundraising practice including COTY, sponsorship, employee fundraising, volunteering, CRM, and payroll giving, against agreed targets
* Working closely with the Events team to promote individual and team participation, or sponsorship of, mass participation and other fundraising events
* Recruit event participants to the charity's own events and challenge events
* Actively promote opportunities in your area for supporters to engage in third party challenge events including overseas treks, parachute jumps, running events, and bike rides
* Prioritise activity to achieve annual budgets and targets
* Create and execute annual Area Plans to deliver against financial targets through a calendar of fundraising events
* Build and develop a robust pipeline across all community stakeholders
* Research and identify local businesses, establish strong business networks
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* Proven success in a sales or fundraising role with a focus on customer acquisition, retention, management and development
* Track record of managing and developing relationships with individual donors or customers
* Proven track record of identifying, pitching and securing new support
* Experience of developing, delivering, and monitoring an annual fundraising, sales, or marketing plan
* Good understanding of fundraising principles and practices
* High level of communication skills, including the ability to present and speak publically
* Influencing and networking skills
* Self-motivated in order to achieve objectives; ability to prioritise own workload, and meet deadlines
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.