Birmingham, West Midlands
£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
8 months ago
This award-winning education organisation supports educators at every stage to keep getting better with the aim of ensuring that children from all backgrounds, including the most disadvantaged, are given the opportunity to thrive. An organisation that truly understands the impact it has on the communities and individuals it works with, the charity is recruiting for an Area Director, Partnerships, to lead on delivering regional acquisition targets, account manage senior stakeholders and lead an outstanding regional sales team.
The post holder can be based within the Birmingham or Manchester, or home-based.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Develop and deliver the area plan in line with national strategy to achieve regional and national sales targets
- Lead, inspire and motivate staff to achieve results, providing for the development needs of staff within the team
- Work as a member of the SRMT to give strategic input to the overall regional operation
- Monitor area performance and provide regular reports and forecasts to the Regional Director on pipeline activity, movement and results against target
- Account manager key relationships with senior stakeholders, and lead on selected national accounts
- Develop collaborative partnerships with key strategic partners and alliances including local authorities and Masters of Teaching; as well as opportunity areas and school's groups to achieve recruitment targets
- Represent the organisation at conferences, events, and networking meetings including delivering presentations and workshops
- Work in partnership with the Business Development Team to design and develop bespoke solutions to needs presented by accounts in the region
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- A commitment to education, the non-profit sector, and raising the aspirations and achievements of all children
- Experience of meeting ambitious and demanding sales targets in a previous role and of effectively managing a sales pipeline
- Experience of developing strategy and leading complex operations in a previous role
- Experience of successfully developing and leveraging external stakeholder relationships
- Experience of building relationships with a range of internal stakeholders, and working to align varied, often competing, interests
- Knowledge of the education sector, national influencers, advocates and key stakeholders
- Experience of successfully facilitating and driving change and of designing and delivering training
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is an amazing opportunity to work for an organisation making genuine strides in ensuring that a high standard of education is delivered to all children regardless of their background. If you have experience of building partnerships within the education system, of leading and developing a team, and a passion for equality of education we'd love to hear from you.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.