Operations and Events Coordinator
Salary - £25k - £28k
Location - London
Type - Perm
Discipline - Fundraising
Organisation - Ireland Fund of G.B
Agency Contact - Amelia Clark
Reference - J19789
Operations and EventaCoordinator
Charity People and The Ireland Funds of G.B are delighted to be collaborating on an exclusive basis to recruit for an Operations and Fundraising Coordinator to join The Ireland Funds G.B team. The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world.
About the role
This varied role provides opportunities to work with charity beneficiaries, donors, supporters and Trustees whilst ensuring that the charity’s work is administered and communicated effectively and efficiently and stakeholders are looked after appropriately. This role will involve administration, financial duties, fundraising support, grant administration, recording income and expenditure on fundraising , updating financial databases and spreadsheets, developing and managing annual events calendar and stakeholder communications. The candidate at times will be in the office on their own so must be highly self-motivated and comfortable working alone, and confident to ask for help/support as required.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Working with the Executive Director to create and organise fundraising initiatives and events for our broad range of stakeholders.
• Administration and co-ordination of operations of the Charity on a day-to-day basis reporting to the Executive Director.
• Event, venue and supplier research.
• Managing sales and purchases of tables and tickets and coordinating event feedback.
• On the day support at events such as dinners, receptions and field visits (this may require early mornings and late evenings).
• Collection of pledges using online payments platform Converge.
• Coordinate production and distribution of quarterly e-newsletter, working with an external copywriter, including management and updating of mailing list.
• Assisting with marketing and PR to raise the profile of the organisation's services and campaigns, including distribution of press releases, and managing social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook.
• Maintaining accurate records of donations, donors and grants.
• Issuing of thank you letters, receipts and gift aid forms in response to donations in order to maintain good relations with donors.
• Assisting with the management of a portfolio of donors, providing an exemplary level of stewardship.
• Identifying and researching major givers as both individuals and trusts or companies.
• Liaison with Grants Administration team in Dublin.
• Coordination of annual Grant Workshops.
• Assisting with preparation of financial accounts and administration, working with the Executive Director and an external accountancy firm.
The ideal candidate
• A minimum of one year’s experience in a marketing, events or fundraising role.
• Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and administrative skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks efficiently
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Advanced IT skills – in particular MS Office suite, QuickBooks, online mailing platforms like Mailchimp
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a small team environment
• An interest in Ireland and Irish culture and current affairs
• A general understanding of the charitable sector and major gifts fundraising in either the United Kingdom or Ireland
If you have the relevant skills and would like to apply for this role please APPLY NOW and for any additional enquiries please contact Amelia Clark on email@example.com
Charity People is committed to promoting equal opportunities across the sector. We encourage applications from all members of the community and short list applications based solely on competency and ability to perform within a role. Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unfortunately only able to respond to the most suitable candidates. Before you decide whether or not to apply, please ensure you have read all of the information provided above and that you have the relevant skills & experience for the role. If you’d like further advice or help in your job search then please visit our Tips & Advice section.