Senior Manager Corporate Partnerships
Salary - £45k - £50k
Location - London
Type - Perm
Discipline - Fundraising
Organisation - National Disability Charity
Agency Contact - Alice Wood
Reference - J19492
Blind Veterans UK is a wonderful charity that works tirelessly to support ex-Servicemen and women from every generation to rebuild their lives after sight loss. A truly isolating experience that can have a devastating impact on the lives of people who are often already vulnerable. Blind Veterans works tirelessly to provide rehabilitation, practical advice, and emotional support to tens of thousands of people and is a lifeline for many.
Working with a dynamic Head of Income Generation, the Senior Manager Commercial Partnerships will lead the way in corporate fundraising at the organisation – shaping corporate fundraising strategy, winning new partnerships, and growing income. This is an exciting time to join an organisation with big plans for the future.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Work with the Head of Income generation to deliver the high value giving aspect of the engagement strategy, with responsibility for corporate partnerships
- Implement and further develop the five-year plan to acquire partnerships and income from charities
- Manager a personal portfolio of corporate partners, and prospects and take responsibility for securing new business
- Develop and implement high value processes to ensure that partnership opportunities are maximised – this will include identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans
- Manage an income budget and achieve annual income targets
- Line manage one member of staff initially, and to work with the Head of Income Generation to build a successful team over the next five years
- Develop a high value giving case for support on an ongoing basis and ensure that all activity helps to build the brand
This is an opportunity to join a charity with an appetite for fundraising, and the passion and team to achieve their goals. With a focus on new business, there are realistic, very achievable growth plans in place for the coming years, and this is a wonderful role for someone who relishes business development.
The charity is keen to see applications from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Previous success in a business development role, either within corporate fundraising or within the charity sector in a fundraising position
- Experience of managing partnerships to maximise value, and of effective budget management
- Understanding of corporate fundraising and of the ways in which partnerships with charities and commercial businesses can be successful
- Excellent relationship building skills including the ability to engage colleagues and external stakeholders alike
- Well developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and lead a team
If you’d like to be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren’t always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.
Charity People is committed to promoting equal opportunities across the sector. We encourage applications from all members of the community and short list applications based solely on competency and ability to perform within a role. Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unfortunately only able to respond to the most suitable candidates. Before you decide whether or not to apply, please ensure you have read all of the information provided above and that you have the relevant skills & experience for the role. If you’d like further advice or help in your job search then please visit our Tips & Advice section.