Salary - £13.50ph
Location - London Greater London
Type - Temp
Organisation - Homeless Charity
Agency Contact - Zelda Leader
Reference - J19388
I’m seeking a charity Database Assistant to join a wonderful charity based near London Bridge. You will be part of the fundraising team, ensuring the Raiser’s Edge database is up to date and be the first point of contact with supporter queries. You will have excellent customer service skills, with a friendly and polite telephone manner and strong attention to detail & IT skills. This role is to start asap and run for four months.
By recording, banking and acknowledging donations and accurately inputting data and donations onto Raisers Edge, the Fundraising Database Assistant exercises a key role in the fundraising team. You will ensure that the database is kept up to date and clean at all times to support the delivery of fundraising activity from individuals, groups and associations.
You will be the point of contact for supporter queries so you will have a good telephone manner and ability to put people at ease. You will have experience and knowledge of entering personal and financial data with a high degree of accuracy.
The responsibilities split:
• To process all donations, record donations and correspondence onto Raisers Edge including cheques, credit cards, CAF income and donations via JustGiving and Virgin Money.
• To reconcile daily and weekly income processed
• To be responsible for ensuring and maintaining accurate data on Raisers Edge
• To check and record all Gift Aid declarations and sponsorship forms in line with the Gift Aid scheme
• To be aware of legal responsibilities particularly around Data protection, Gift Aid and fundraising regulations.
• To support the fundraising team with Raiser’s Edge
• To liaise with the Finance team in relation to donations
• To acknowledge all donations within four working days
• To adapt standard supporter letters for a personalised response
• To resolve donation and supporter issues
• To be the main point of contact for all fundraising enquiries
• To inform fundraising teams of incoming donations on a daily basis
• To support the implementation of personalised supporter journeys
This role is paying between £13-13.80 per hour excluding holiday pay.
Let me know if you are interested to be considered. I will only be able to come back to those candidate who I can see have recent Raiser’s Edge work experience.
Charity People is committed to promoting equal opportunities across the sector. We encourage applications from all members of the community and short list applications based solely on competency and ability to perform within a role. Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unfortunately only able to respond to the most suitable candidates. Before you decide whether or not to apply, please ensure you have read all of the information provided above and that you have the relevant skills & experience for the role. If you’d like further advice or help in your job search then please visit our Tips & Advice section.