Prospect Research Manager
Salary - £31k - £43k
Location - London
Type - Perm
Discipline - Fundraising
Organisation - Health Charity
Agency Contact - Alice Wood
Reference - J19165
I’m working exclusively with Maggie’s to help recruit for a Prospect Research Manager to join their team at a pivotal moment in the charity’s history, and contribute to significant growth within the organisation. A truly inspirational cause, Maggie’s offers free practical, emotional, and social support to people with cancer and their family and friends at their centres across the UK and internationally, at a time when this is vitally important.
A key role, this position will work with a range of stakeholders internally and will work across Major Giving, Trusts, Partnerships and Events. Main responsibilities will include:
- Identify opportunities amongst warm donors through appropriate research initiative to develop a pool of HNWIs for mid-level giving
- Prepare high quality, in depth research profiles, networks and peer maps with an emphasis on individuals able to make a major gift
- To advice fundraising colleagues on appropriate solicitation levels and approaches based on your expertise and analysis; and to assist with the formulation of donor solicitation strategies
- To prepare briefing notes on prospects and donors attending as variety of major giving events
- To undertake and disseminate research in order to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the annual major giving plan
- To work with the Head of Donor Services to make recommendations for the annual research budget
This is an opportunity to join a passionate and talented team, and to work towards ensuring that everyone who needs to has access to a Maggie’s centre near them.
We’re really keen to hear from people who have previous experience in a prospect research role, either at Manager level or stepping up from an Executive or Officer level role.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren’t always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.
Charity People is committed to promoting equal opportunities across the sector. We encourage applications from all members of the community and short list applications based solely on competency and ability to perform within a role. Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unfortunately only able to respond to the most suitable candidates. Before you decide whether or not to apply, please ensure you have read all of the information provided above and that you have the relevant skills & experience for the role. If you’d like further advice or help in your job search then please visit our Tips & Advice section.